Days of the Dead is a by the fans, for the fans, convention which had its inaugural show July 1st - 3rd, 2011, at the Wyndham Indianapolis West, located in Indianapolis, IN. The brainchild of Adolfo "Mr. Chainsaw: Dorta (From Dusk till Con), Ricardo "Del Muerto" Lara (From Dusk Till Con, 8 Bit Monsters), and Bill Philputt (Re-Evolution Management), Days of the Dead's primary goal is to bring back the concept of the genre convention being a welcoming communal gathering of like minded friends and fans and not just another "pay-and-go" autograph show that has become an all too common (and impersonal) experience in the convention scene. Chock full of special events tailored just for the fans, an active after hours scene of horror themed parties, and a massive guest list of the hottest celebrity guests, artists, and up and coming independent film makers, Days of the Dead has already began rewriting the script and setting the bar for what a true horror convention weekend should look like.
With the first Days of the Dead being an overwhelming success, the event that was called "the most anticipated horror convention of 2011" is now poised to come back even bigger and better in 2012. With an expansion show slated for Atlanta, GA, March 9th - 11th, followed by a return to Indianapolis, IN, July 6th - 8th, Days of the Dead is poised to spread like a plague throughout the national convention scene, bringing a legion of fans new and old along for the ride.
- "I've been doing shows for 20 years, and this was one of the most enjoyable and well organized I have ever done. Thanks!" - GINGER LYNN ALLEN (Devil's Rejects, adult film star)
- "Out of every appearance I've ever done anywhere, this was by far the best!" - MARC PRICE (Trick or Treat, Family Ties)
- "Days of the Dead did it right! This is what every convention should be like." - ANDREW BRYNIARSKI (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)
- "Congrats, Days of the Dead! Now THAT'S how you host a horror convention if you're trying to raise the dead!" - BRIAN STEELE (Hellboy I and II, Predators, Underworld)
- "Days of the Dead was one of the best conventions I've ever been a part of - lots of room for the huge fan turnout, easy access to everything going on, and a great hotel restaurant. I can't wait until the next one!" - PJ SOLES (Halloween, Carrie, Rock and Roll High School)
- "Days of the Dead was a blast for both the fans and the invited guests. Extremely well done!" - LITO VELASCO (Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy, Scream: The Inside Story)